I am a designer living in Te Whanganui-a-Tara, Aotearoa. I have more than two decades of experience in digital. I also have two amazing kids – Isla and Jude, with my partner Ben.
Currently, I’m a Design Director at Springload, Wellington’s largest independent digital agency. We make beautiful, usable, useful digital products and experiences that enable change for good. Here I’ve worked closely with clients large and small – TEC, ACC, Kiwibank and Xero to name a few.
My previous role in a team of young creative technologists at Fabrica Design Research Center in Treviso, Italy. We were an incubator for Benetton’s innovative social campaigns and brand experiences across digital. We developed a platform for street-based interactive experiences, created the world’s first online casting campaign, to name a few. I also drank a lot of coffee, viva Italia!
Wellington School of Design: Bachelor of Design, 1st Class Hons (1998—2001)
Nayland College: A Bursary (1993—1997)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- DINZ Best Awards Judge: Digital (2022)
- Kātoitoi Design Archive: Digital, Social Good — Austin Assessment (2021)
- DINZ Best Awards: Silver, User Experience — Austin Assessment (2020)
- DINZ Best Awards: Finalist, Public Good — Austin Assessment (2020)
- DINZ Best Awards: Gold, User Experience — MyACC (2019)
- DINZ Best Awards: Silver, User Experience — MyACC (2019)
- DINZ Best Awards: Silver, Large Scale Websites — MyACC (2019)
- AGDA Awards: Finalist, Website — MyACC (2019)
- AGDA Awards: Finalist, UX, Interface & Navigation — MyACC (2019)
- DINZ Best Awards: Bronze, User Experience — NZ On Air (2019)
- AGDA Awards: Finalist, Website — NZ On Air (2019)
- Cannes Lions Shortlist: Media — It’s My Time (2010)
- Freccia d’Oro:Gold, Fashion — It’s My Time (2010)
- Freccia d’Oro: Silver, Experiential — It’s My Time (2010)
- Fabrica Research Centre: Fellowship (2007)
Springload, Design Director (2017 – present):
My role sees me driving the planning and guiding of projects and the coaching of designers. guiding design ops, design documentation and design processes.
Springload, Senior Designer (2016 – 2017):
UX & UI Design of key projects and clients such as Xero Help center, Kiwibank, ME Bank and NZTE.
Freelance, UX/UI Designer (2012 – 2016):
Small-scale web projects for Italian and NZ clients. Emphasis on social, creative and editorial content.
Fabrica Research Centre, Designer & Director (2010 – 2011):
Our team created a platform for Benetton Interactive Windows ( strategy of camera-based installations, development process, and remote monitoring). Colors Magazine online and digital archive. Selected resident designers / developers and supported them in realising projects.
Fabrica Research Centre, Designer & Developer (2009 – 2010) :
Social campaigns for Benetton and Fabrica research projects. Project managed and part of the creative team for the “It’s My Time” global online casting campaign.
Fabrica Research Centre, Resident Designer (2007 – 2008):
Fellowship in the Interactive team of legendary Andy Cameron. As a resident I worked on projects for Fabrica, Benetton and my own research projects.
Freelance, Web Designer & Developer (2006):
Web Design, PHP Development & Flash Development.
Less Rain, Berlin, Germany, Intern Designer (2005):
Graphic Design, Illustration, Concepting & Prototyping.